> Back to Jewellery and Accessories
Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/09/2011 - 31/08/2026
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
|Early bird deadline please refer to course details||ENLS|
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
Students will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design (270 hours) upon successful completion of the 3 Professional Certificate courses:
1. Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Culture and Design Methods (90 hours)
2. Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Techniques, Trends and Branding (90 hours)
3. Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Profession and Business (90 hours)
Successful applicants of Professional Diploma and Stage 1 students are required to take the following bridging courses if they do not have the basic knowledge in 2D and 3D jewellery drawing skills. Portfolio review and interview may be required.
Bridging Course (Pre-requisite) (67082M)
1. Class A - Hand Sketching and Technical Drawing (24 hours)
2. Class B - Photoshop and Illustrator (12 hours)
3. Class C - Rhino (12 hours)
1. The only Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design at QF Level 4 in Hong Kong, which is recognised by the HK government and employers.
2. Convenient Teaching Sites: HKDI campus
3. Saturday Class only, as to give more flexibility to the working professionals especially to those who have frequent travels to China during weekdays, all the classes will be delivered on Saturday, no more weekdays.
4. More Industry Support will be offered to the students, including factory visit, internship and job opportunities, etc.
5. Shorten Study Duration
The study duration of the whole Professional Diploma will be shortened from 19 months to 17 months.
The graduates have enough time to apply the top-up degree in BA (Hons) Jewellery and Metalwork of Sheffield Hallam University, and are exempted from the English requirements of an overall band score of at least 6.0 in IELTS as HKCAAVQ has recognized the English Proficiency of the graduates from this PD.
Top-up Degree Articulation
Graduates from Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design are elligible to apply to our top-up degree programme.
University Name: Sheffield Hallam University
Registration Number (Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance): 252251