Professional Certificate in Innovative Product Design and Management
> Back to Professional Diploma in Product Design
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/09/2014 To 31/08/2026
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
Early bird deadline please refer to course details
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
Brief Content Outline
Lecturer: Vincent Chu
Specialising in product design and development. 20 years of experience in toys, consumer electronics and product design management. Manage and direct the whole process of product development from ideas generation to the launching of the products.
Vincent won several awards such as 2017 Jade Monkey Award (Top 10 Highest Commercial value IP), 2010 Nuremberg Toy Fair Innovation Award and 2010 Grand Prix of Toys Toy of the Year France, etc. He is currently the Design Manager of VTech Corporate Services Ltd.
► Some examples of Product Design in different product categories
Intake 5 (Cancelled)
M1: PID4020Y – Product Design Communication and Visualization (30 hrs)
Date: 2022 Jan 15, 22, 29, Feb 12, 19, 26, Mar 5, 12
Additional Session – Rhino 3D (8 hrs)
Date: 2022 Mar 19, 26
Time: Sat, 2 – 6pm
M2: PID4021Y – Model Making for Product Exploration (30 hrs)
Date: 2022 Apr 9, 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28, Jun 11
M3: PID4022Y – Product Design Management (30 hrs)
Date: 2022 Jun 25, Jul 9, 16, 23, 30, Aug 6, 13, 27
Time: Lesson 1-6: Sat 2-6pm; Lesson 7-8: Sat 2-5pm
Early Bird Deadline: 2021 Jul 23
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of the subject area is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
#Product #Design #3D #3D Printing #3D Scanning #SolidWorks #Zbrush #Model Making #Prototyping #Manufacturing #Innovative
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.