Vplus Creative Industries / 創意專才進修資助
Pilot Subsidy Scheme for Students of Professional Part-time Programmes
Funded by HKSAR Government
► Subsidy Information Download
► Eligible Design Programmes: Higher Diploma / Professional Programmes
► Eligible Information Technology Programmes: Higher Diploma / Professional Programmes
► Apply here
1. In the 2017 Policy Address, the Chief Executive addressed that Hong Kong should place more emphasis on the promotion of design and creativity both within and outside our education system. The nurturing of creativity and design thinking should begin at an early stage and design thinking should become a problem-solving capability and a new way of thinking that promotes value adding and advocates inter-disciplinary collaboration.
2. Creative industries are important economic drivers for Hong Kong. They help to enhance the innovation capacity of the economy and can be a powerhouse for future economic growth. Hong Kong has developed a leading edge in key areas of creative industries like film, design, architecture, advertising, digital entertainment and publishing and printing, etc.
3. The growth of creative industries requires a pool of creative talents which will form the backbone of Hong Kong’s creative economy. These industries need talents with competence and skills in their area of expertise as well as the latest knowhow of technology. Creative industries are dynamic, competitive and with wide application of technology. These industries require an agile workforce who is provided with support for continuous learning and upskilling.
4. To encourage working adults to pursue higher qualifications for career advancement, and to promote vocational and professional education and training (VPET) in Hong Kong, Vocational Training Council (VTC) has obtained funding from HKSAR to support the Vplus Creative Industries Subsidy Scheme. This scheme provides practitioners in the creative industries with tuition fee subsidy for successful application of their study of the designated part-time programmes offered by VTC.
5. Under Vplus Creative Industries, programmes eligible for the tuition fee subsidy are part-time self-financed programmes in the disciplines of Design and Information Technology. These programmes are accredited at Qualification Framework (QF) Level 3 to Level 4 by the Hong Kong Council of Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ), excluding Associate Degree and bachelor’s degree programme, under the following areas of study and training classified by Qualifications Register (QF):
Successful applicants will be refunded 60% of the tuition fee paid, subject to maximum of HK$36,000 per person. Applicants may apply for fee refund for more than one eligible programmes. This scheme is effective from 1 September 2019, until 31 Aug 2024.
What’s the eligibility for application?
What programmes are available for Vplus Creative Industries?
Can students apply for Vplus Creative Industries and other subsidies (e.g. CEF, ENLS, etc) for the same programme?
When can students get the reimbursement?
Reimbursement will normally be made by direct credit to the bank account nominated by the successful applicant, in April, August and October.
1. Students must meet the minimum attendance of ; and
2. Students must obtain the passing grade which is 40 out of 100.
*Example: for a Professional Diploma composed of 10 modules in total, applicants who choose to apply and pay tuition fees by modules are required to submit Vplus online applications for the 10 modules individually. So on and so forth.
Disclaimer: VTC / HKDI reserve the right to make changes to the regulations of Vplus, eligible programmes and programme information (e.g. schedule, course content, advertised information, etc).