Professional Certificate in Product Design Strategies and Branding
> Back to Professional Diploma in Product Design
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/09/2014 To 31/08/2021
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
|Early bird deadline please refer to course details||ENLS|
On completion of this course, learners are expected to be able to create product design solutions by employing problem-solving skills and a broad range of design knowledge and analyse the market trends and business environment of the product industry for the identification of project opportunities and development of a design portfolio. They can communicate and present different product design stages through the application of effective visual, graphical and digital modelling skills at a professional standard and produce prototypes of design solutions through different materials and various 3D modelling techniques, also to manage a design project in a holistic scope from project brief setting, schedule planning and interaction with client and production team.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of the subject area is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M7: PID4023Y – Product Design in Business Context (30hrs)
Date: 2021 Mar 20, 27, Apr 10, 17, 24,May 8, 15, 22
Time: Lesson 1-6: Sat 2-6pm; Lesson 7-8: Sat 2-5pm
M8: PID4024Y – Product Prototyping and Manufacturing (18hrs)
Date: 2021 Jun 5, 12, 19, 26, Jul 3
Time: Lesson 1-3: Sat 2-6pm; Lesson 4-5: Sat 2-5pm
M9: PID4025Y – Innovative Product Design and Strategy (42hrs)
Date: 2021 Jul 17, 24, 31 Aug 7 ,14, 21, 28, Sep 4, 11, 18
Time: Lesson 1-9: Sat 2-6pm; Lesson 9-10 Sat 2-5pm
Early Bird Deadline: 2021 Feb 5
|Intake 3||Intake 4|
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
#Product #Design #3D #3D Printing #3D Scanning #SolidWorks #Zbrush #Model Making #Prototyping #Manufacturing #Innovative
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.