Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design
(2019-20) Intake 8
Programme Code: DE424519D | Duration: 270hrs |
QF Level 4 (QR Registration No. 11/001523/4, Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2011 - 31/08/2021)
To enrich the programme contents and give more flexibility to the working professionals. There is a new arrangement for the upcoming intake in 2019.
1. The only Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design at QF Level 4 in Hong Kong, which is recognised by the HK government and employers.
2. Convenient Teaching Sites: Wan Chai (Lectures) and HKDI campus (Workshop)
3. Saturday Class only, as to give more flexibility to the working professionals especially to those who have frequent travels to China during weekdays, all the classes will be delivered on Saturday, no more weekdays.
4. More Industry Support will be offered to the students, including factory visit, internship and job opportunities, etc.
5. New Design Elements added, new contents include 3D printing; design exploration with materials from sponsors; sharing from famous Jewellery designers and 4 Jewellery brand sponsors, etc.
6. Tuition remains the same in 2019, new tuition will be implemented in 2020.
7. Shorten Study Duration
The study duration of the whole Professional Diploma will be shortened from 19 months to 17 months.
The graduation is going to be completed in December 2020.
The issuance of final award will be around March 2021.
The graduates have enough time to apply the top-up degree in BA (Hons) Jewellery and Metalwork of Sheffield Hallam University, and are exempted from the English requirements of an overall band score of at least 6.0 in IELTS as HKCAAVQ has recognized the English Proficiency of the graduates from this PD.
The programmes below are recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF):
PD in Jewellery Design
BA(Hons) Jewellery and Metalwork
University Name: Sheffield Hallam University
Registration Number (Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance): 252251
WHY should you take this Jewellery Programme?
The Jewellery business has been predicted with a substantial growth in the next 10 years as per the McKinsey report. There is a market need for young Jewellery designers in HK and the world. Many executives level believed the branded jewelry will claim a higher share up to 40% of the market by 2020, and report shown young consumers turn to self-expression when choosing jewelry.
Apart from established jewelry brands, like Cartier and Tiffany & Co., expansion, many high-end international apparel, like Dior & Louis Vuitton, also introducing jewelry collections or expanding their assortment, which means more and more brands attach importance to jewelry business and more opportunities in jewelry market. Even the traditional fine jewellery brands such as Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Goup Ltd (the world's top 10 luxury goods companies) launches new product lines to attract the wider range of target market.
Based on this jewellery trend, many brands start to launch young line for contemporary jewellery products. As to catch these opportunities, it will be perfect for you to equip yourself with our coming Jewellery course.
Bridging Course (Pre-requisite) (67082M)
Successful applicants of Professional Diploma and Stage 1 students are required to take the following bridging courses if they do not have the basic knowledge in 2D and 3D jewellery drawing skills. Portfolio review and interview may be required.
Class A - Hand Sketching and Technical Drawing (24hrs) (67020M)
Dates: 2019 Jul 6, 13, 20, 27
Time: Sat, 12-6pm
Class B - Photoshop and Illustrator (12hrs) (67021M)
Dates: 2019 Aug 10, 17
Time: Sat, 12-6pm
Class C - Rhino (12hrs) (67022M)
Dates: 2019 Aug 31, Sep 7
Time: Sat, 12-6pm
This Professional Diploma (DE424519D) comprises:
Stage 1, PC1: Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Culture and Design Methods (DE424520C / 90hrs)
M2: PID4046Y – Computer-Aided Jewellery Design (CAJD) and Communication Skills (36hrs)
Date: 2019 Sep 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26
M1: PID4045Y – Jewellery Design: Inspiration from Culture (24hrs)
Date: 2019 Nov 9, 16, 23, 30
M3: PID4047Y – Jewellery Design: Concepts and Solutions (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Dec 14, 21, 2020 Jan 4, 11, 18
Stage 2, PC2: Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Techniques, Trends and Branding (DE424521C / 90hrs)
M4: PID4048Y – Jewellery Techniques and Design (36hrs)
Date: 2020 Feb 15, 22, 29, Mar 7, 14, 21
M5: PID4049Y – Changes and Trends in Jewellery Design (24hrs)
Date: 2020 Apr 18, 25, May 9, 16
M6: PID4050Y – Gemmology: Properties and Identification (12hrs)
Date: 2020 May 30, Jun 6
M7: PID4051Y – Jewellery Business: Branding and Marketing (18hrs)
Date: 2020 Jun 20, 27, Jul 4
Stage 3, PC3: Professional Certificate in Jewellery Design: Profession and Business (DE424522C / 90hrs)
M8: PID4052Y – Contemporary Jewellery Design and Practice (18hrs)
Date: 2020 Aug 1, 8, 15
M9: PID4054Y – Designing Jewellery for Clients (42hrs)
Date: 2020 Aug 29, Sep 5, 12, 19, 26, Oct 10, 17
M10: PID4053Y – Planning a Career in Jewellery Design (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Nov 7, 14, 21, 28, Dec 5
Time: Sat, 12-6pm
Early Bird Deadline
|Full Bridging Course||$8,500||$7,650||2019 Jun 6|
Early Bird Deadline
|By PD||$51,300||$46,170||2019 Jun 6|
|By PC||Stage 1||$17,100||$15,390||2019 Jun 6|
|Stage 2||$17,100||$15,390||2019 Dec 16|
|Satge 3||$17,100||$15,390||2020 Jun 1|
|By Single Module||M1||$4,560|
Maximum reimbursement can be up to $30,202!
|Scheme 1||Scheme 2|
|Early Bird Fee||
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%
Upon successful completion of the 3 Professional Certificates,
students will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Jewellery Design.
Online Application Intake 8 (2019-20)
►Bridging Course (Whole Course)
►Bridging Course (Class A)
►Bridging Course (Class B)
►Bridging Course (Class C)
- Students can apply for the CEF to reimburse the tuition fee up to $20,000 upon successful completion of the course.
CEF (Continuing Education Fund) Courses only those marked "Yes" in the table below are CEF Reimbursable Courses.
- Students can apply for ENLS loan to pay for the full course fee
- Creative Industries Training Subsidy Scheme (CITSS) : Eligible applicants can claim 60% of the course fee paid up to max of HK$36,000. The subsidy will be available starting from 1 Sep 2019 with duration of 3 years. Details to be announced
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of computer graphics and design visualization is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Remark: Basic knowledge in computer graphics and design visualization is preferred.
#jewellery design #accessory design #Rhino #contemporary jewellery #jewellery techniques #gemmology #jewellery wax carving #technical jewellery drawing #metalwork #珠寶設計 #飾物設計 #時尚珠寶 #珠寶製作 #寶石學 #珠寶繪圖 #珠寶蠟雕
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.