Professional Certificate in Design Management:
Strategy, Culture and Business
> Back to Professional Diploma in Design Management
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/09/2014 - 31/08/2021
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
|CEF (PC, M2)|
English supplemented with Cantonese
Early bird deadline please refer to course details
The course aims to develop professionals’ understanding of strategic design management, connecting the key issues of quality processes, marketing, cultural economy, logical thinking and design research. The course enables professionals to identify and evaluate how cultural trends and meaning can present business identity and opportunities, conduct research to augment creative thinking and solutions, and apply strategic and effective management processes.
Students will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Design Management (240 hours) upon successful completion of this Professional Certificate (120 hours) and another Professional Certificate in Design Management: Design Research and Branding (120 hours)
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of digital marketing is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M2: PID4014Y – Cultural Economy for Design (45hrs)
Date: 2019 Dec 13, 17, 20, 2020 Jan 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, Feb 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25
M3: PID4016Y – Logical Thinking for Business (45hrs)
Date: 2020 Mar 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, 31, Apr 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, May 5, 8, 12
Time: Tue & Fri, 7-10pm
Early Bird Deadline: 2019 Sep 18
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.