Professional Certificate in Freehand Visualization for Interior
and Architectural Design
Freehand drawing is one of the major means of communication in interior and architectural design. The functions and values in terms of idea development, effectiveness in presentation cannot be entirely replaced by computer-aided media.
The course aims to train hand drawn sketching, drafting and rendering skills and techniques with the implementation of mixed use computer software to enhance visualization. The course enables practitioners to illustrate conceptual ideas, produce perspective drawings, interior layouts and sketches using various methods and mixed media. Practitioners will be able to make use of this skill as an integrated practice tool for aesthetic expression, design development and presentation.
The course has been included in the list of reimbursable course for Continuing Education Fund purposes.
- Lecture by Ronald Chon, registered architect (HK), HKIA
- Outdoor practice to enrich your learning experience
- Convenient location: HKDI
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of the subject area is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M1: PID4004Y – Architectural Drafting and Perspective Drawing (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Oct 10, 17, 24, 31, Nov 7, 14, 21
M2: PID4005Y – Interior and Architectural Rendering (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Dec 5, 12, 19, 2021 Jan 9, 16, 23, 30
M3: PID4006Y – Freehand Sketch Visualization (30hrs)
Date: 2021 Feb 27, Mar 6, 13, 20, 27, Apr 10, 17
Time: Sat (Lesson 1-5: 2-6pm; Lesson 6-7: 2-7pm)
Early Bird Deadline: 2020 Aug 28
#Freehand #Visualization #Sketching #Drawing #PerspectiveDrawing #Rendering #Architecture #InteriorDesign
#手繪 #透視圖 #建築設計 #室內設計
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.