Professional Certificate in Fashion Material Analysis and Technology
QF Registration No.
QF Validity Period
01/09/2015 - 31/08/2021
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
|Early bird deadline please refer to course details||RTTP|
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
Hong Kong is the hub of global sourcing. The industry is in high demand for fashion designers and merchandisers who can make the right decisions on material selection for their designs and who can resolve problems related to material performance in production. The course aims at equipping fashion designers and merchandisers with in-depth understanding, analysis and technical knowledge of fashion materials, their characteristics and performance in relation to garment production and design considerations. Upon completion of the course, practitioners can distinguish the technologies applied at different stages of material processing and apply the knowledge of different production requirements.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M1: FID4019Y – Fashion Material Analysis (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Sep 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30, Oct 5, 7
M2: FID4020Y – Fashion Material Coloration and Finishing Analysis (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Oct 19, 21, 28, Nov 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23
M3: FID4021Y – Sustainable and Special Fashion Material Study (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Dec 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 2021 Jan 4, 6, 11, 13, 18
Time: Mon & Wed, 7-10pm
Early Bird Deadline: 2020 Aug 27
|Intake 4||Intake 5|
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
Hong Kong Designers Association (HKDA)
Hong Kong Institution of Textile and Apparel (HKITA)
#FashionMaterial #Technology #SpecialFashionMaterial #Coloration #FashionMerchandising #GarmentManufacturing #時裝物料 #物料科技 #時裝採購 #成衣生產
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.