Professional Certificate in Typography Design and Application (2019 - Intake 3)
DE424117C / 90hrs
Typography is a basic element of design. It sets the foundation for all sorts of visual communications – from printed materials to digital interface. With the basic knowledge in typography, designers will gain confidence in typographic application, from magazine layout, signage system design to app interface that often involves complex layers of text and information.
Professional Certificate in Typography Design and Application is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF)
QF Level: 4
Lecturer: Martin Lau
Martin has over 25 years’ experience in the graphic design industry. As the Creative Director of Format Limited (a design company with over 40-year history), he oversees its creative directions and design supervisions. He specializes in corporate communications and corporate branding for companies, such as Bank of China, HSBC, Swire Properties, Hong Kong Electric, Towngas, Fung Retailing, Trinity Limited, Hong Kong Maritime Museum and Christie's.
M1:CDM4037Y –Typography Form and Aesthetics (30hrs)
- Research and Terminology
- Typographic Principles and Applications
- Analysis and Problem Solving
Date: 2019 May 11, 18, 25, Jun 1, 15, 22
M2:CDM4038Y – Typography: Working with Grid(30hrs)
- Information Management
- Type Organization
- Usage of Type for Communication
Date: 2019 Jul 20, 27, Aug 3, 10, 17, 24
M3:CDM4039Y – Experimental Chinese Typography (30hrs)
- Chinese Type Development and Basic Structure
- Visual Structure and Elements of Specific Cultural and Social Themes
- Type as Image
- Design Implementation
Date: 2019 Sep 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26
Time: Sat, 2-7pm
Venue: Wan Chai (VTC Tower or Morrison Hills IVE)
|By PC||$17,100||$15,390||18 Apr 2019|
Remark: No Refund
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%
- Students can apply for the CEF to reimburse the tuition fee paid up to a max of $20,000 upon successful completion of the course
CEF (Continuing Education Fund) Courses only those marked "Yes" in the table below are CEF Reimbursable Courses.
- Students can apply for ENLS loan to pay for the full course fee
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
#Typography #Design #Designer #Word #Image #Form #Aesthetics #Grid #Chinese #Layout #System #Text #Information #GraphicDesign
#字體設計 #平面設計 #字體應用 #美學 #字體造型 #排版
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.