Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging (Intake 2)
Programme Code: DE424702C | Duration: 72hrs
The programme objectives of Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging are to:
1. evaluate the professional practices in various photography industries such as fashion, documentary, landscape, product and fine art photography;
2. analyse the contemporary significance and visual language of photography;
3. apply comprehensive knowledge and skills of digital and analog photographic systems to create high quality images; and
4. critically analyse and interpret photographic works in theoretical, critical and practical perspectives.
Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF)
QF Level: 4
Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging (DE424702C/ 72hrs)
M1: VAS4001Y - Essential Elements of Photography (24hrs)
- The historical and cultural background of photography
- Equipment and techniques of photography
- Light: How images are formed
- Design and composition principles of photography
Date: 2019 Nov 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec 7, 14
M2: VAS4002Y - Mastering Light (24hrs)
- Learning lighting
- Special equipment and techniques of artificial and natural lighting
- Role of lighting in creating mood and emotion
Date: 2020 Jan 11, 18, Feb 8, 15, 22, 29
M3: VAS4003Y - Digital Imaging (24hrs)
- Digital photography workflow
- Colour management
- Image editing techniques
- Printing and output
Date: 2020 Mar 21, 28, Apr 18, 25, May 9, 16
Time: Sat, 1-5pm
|Professional Certificate||Full Fee||HK$14,400||2 weeks before commencement|
|Early bird (10% off)||HK$12,960||1 month before commencement|
|Module||24 hrs||HK$4,800||2 weeks before commencement|
Remark: No Refund
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of contemporary photography is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.