Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/06/2018 - 31/08/2021
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
Early bird deadline
2020 Apr 24
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
The programme objectives of Professional Certificate in Photography and Digital Imaging are to:
1. evaluate the professional practices in various photography industries such as fashion, documentary, landscape, product and fine art photography;
2. analyse the contemporary significance and visual language of photography;
3. apply comprehensive knowledge and skills of digital and analog photographic systems to create high quality images; and
4. critically analyse and interpret photographic works in theoretical, critical and practical perspectives.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of contemporary photography is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M1: VAS4001Y - Essential Elements of Photography (24hrs)
- The historical and cultural background of photography
- Equipment and techniques of photography
- Light: How images are formed
- Design and composition principles of photography
Date: 2020 May 16, 23, 30, Jun 6, 13
M2: VAS4002Y - Mastering Light (24hrs)
- Learning lighting
- Special equipment and techniques of artificial and natural lighting
- Role of lighting in creating mood and emotion
Date: 2020 Jun 27, Jul 4, 11, 18, 25
M3: VAS4003Y - Digital Imaging (24hrs)
- Digital photography workflow
- Colour management
- Image editing techniques
- Printing and output
Date: 2020 Aug 8, 15, 22, 29, Sep 5
Time: Sat, L1-L4: 1-6pm, L5: 1-5pm
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.