Certificate in Wax Carving and
Stone Setting for Jewellery Design
Brand new course at QF level 4!
QF Registration No.
|VPlus Creative Industries|
QF Validity Period
01/09/2019 - 31/08/2021
Early Bird Discount (10%off)
English supplemented with Cantonese
|Early bird deadline please refer to course details|
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
Suitable for jewellery designers, craftsmans and those who would like to kickstart their personal jewellery business or equip with profession-specific knowledge and techniques
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of jewellery design/ making experience is highly preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
Expected Learning Outcome
On completion of the course, learners are expected to be able to:
Lecturer: Alvin Au
Alvin Au is a seasoned jewellery industry practitioner for more than 30 years. He has strong experience in jewellery product development and production management. Alvin had received goldsmith training in his early years and later on he obtained his degree in the jewellery discipline.
He is currently teaching courses on jewellery design, wax carving, lost wax casting, goldsmithing, gemstone setting and Rhino modelling at leading education institutions. He has over 10 years of teaching experience.
Date: 2020 May 9, 16, 23, 30, Jun 6, 13
Time: Sat, 2-7pm
Venue: HKDI Jewellery Workshop
Early Bird Deadline: 2020 Apr 24
Remark: Learners are required to purchase their own material
(e.g. gemstones, jewellery wax, carving tools, protection gloves, etc)
Early Bird Discount: HK$5,940* (10% off)
Vplus Creative Industries Subsidy: HK$2,376* (Saved HK$3,564)
*Student is required to purchase additional tools and material (HK$300)
#jewellery design #accessory design #contemporary jewellery #jewellery techniques #jewellery wax carving #metalwork
#珠寶設計 #飾物設計 #時尚珠寶 #珠寶製作 #珠寶蠟雕
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.