Professional Certificate in Innovative Furniture Design
QF Registration No.
VPlus Creative Industries
(PC, M1, M2, M3)
QF Validity Period
01/09/2014 To 31/08/2021
Early Bird Fee (10%off)
|CEF (PC, M1, M2, M3)|
English supplemented with Cantonese
|Early bird deadline please refer to course details||ENLS|
*Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable unless the course is cancelled.
The programme provides an opportunity for students to understand the background of furniture design, to stimulate creativity, to acquire user-needs and advanced knowledge and skills in the production process. Students will also learn the global trends in furniture design.
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of the subject area is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
M1: PID4007Y – Introduction to Furniture Design (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 Dec 7
M2: PID4008Y – Creative Approach to Furniture Design (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Jan 4, 11, 18, Feb 8, 15, 22
M3: PID4009Y – Furniture Design Project (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Mar 7, 14, 21, 28, Apr 18, 25
Additional Workshop: 2020 May 9, 16
Time: Sat, 2-7pm
Early Bird Deadline: 2019 Oct 9
|Intake 8||Intake 9|
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
Hong Kong Furniture and Decoration Trade Association (HKF&DA)
#Furniture #HandMade #手造傢俬 #時尚傢俬 #傢私設計 #自己傢私自己造#CEF #產品設計 #Contemporary # FurnitureDesignCourse # FurnitureDesignCompetition #Innovative #創意
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.