Pro Tools 110 – Pro Tools Fundamentals II
67131M / 24 hours; 12 sessions
Suitable for Musicians, Audio Engineers, TV and Film Sound Editors and those who are interested in advanced digital audio production
The Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) course expands upon the basic principles taught in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course and introduces the core concepts and techniques students need to competently operate a Pro Tools system running mid-sized sessions.
Students learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing, and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, working with virtual instruments, warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using submixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with the first course in the series, Pro Tools Fundamentals (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialogue
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialized plugins for specific music and
- Utilize advanced recording techniques to capture multiple records takes in succession
- Analyze Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilize Elastic Audio techniques MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective during a session post-production tasks automation
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam
Date: 2019 Aug 2, 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28
Time: 6-8pm, Mon, Wed & Fri
Teaching Language: English
Full Fee: HK$5,280
Enroll and pay before 2019 Jun 21 (Fri) to enjoy the discount below:
- HK$4,750 (Early bird Discount: 10% off)
- HK$4,490 (VTC Alumni, Students and Staff; HKDC members: 15% off)
Pre-requisite: Completed Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course
Remark: e-version of Pro Tools textbook is required and need to be purchased separately (HK$480)
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.