Professional Certificate in Fashion Material Analysis and Technology (2019 - Intake 5)
DE424309C / 90hrs
Hong Kong is the hub of global sourcing. The industry is in high demand for fashion designers and merchandisers who can make the right decisions on material selection for their designs and who can resolve problems related to material performance in production. The course aims at equipping fashion designers and merchandisers with in-depth understanding, analysis and technical knowledge of fashion materials, their characteristics and performance in relation to garment production and design considerations. Upon completion of the course, practitioners can distinguish the technologies applied at different stages of material processing and apply the knowledge of different production requirements.
Professional Certificate in Fashion Material Analysis and Technology is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF):
QF Level: 4
M1: FID4019Y – Fashion Material Analysis (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Sep 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov 2, 9
M2: FID4020Y – Fashion Material Coloration and Finishing Analysis (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Nov 23, 30, Dec 7, 14, 21, 2020 Jan 4, 11, 18
M3: FID4021Y – Sustainable and Special Fashion Material Study (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Feb 8, 15, 22, 29, Mar 7, 14, 21, 28
Time: Lesson 1-6: Sat 2-6pm; Lesson 7-8: Sat 2-5pm
|By PC||$17,100||$15,390||2019 Jul 22||
- Full: $6,120
- Early Bird: $5,204
Remark: No Refund
Teaching Language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%.
CEF (Continusing Education Fund)
- Students can apply for the CEF to reimburse the tuition fee paid up to a max of $20,000 upon successful completion of the course.
- Only those marked "Yes" in the table below are CEF Reimbursable Courses.
ENLS (Extended Non-mean Tested Loan Scheme)
- Students can apply for ENLS loan to pay for the full course fee
Engineering Training Subsidiary Scheme (ETSS)
Students can apply for ETSS and successful applicants can be refunded 60% of the tuition fees paid of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person. Applicants may apply for fee refund for not more than two programmes under the scheme. The tuition fee will be reimbursed by instalments at the end of each term of the programme upon successful completion. Refunds will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis with no pre-set quota for individual programmes.
Applicants should apply within one month from the commencement of the first semester for the programme concerned. For more details and Online Application: https://cpe.vtc.edu.hk/etss
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
Documents Required for Application
1) Completed Application Form (Online)
2) Upload Copy of proof for Academic Qualifications
3) Upload Copy of proof for Working Experience
#FashionMaterial #Technology #SpecialFashionMaterial #Coloration #FashionMerchandising #GarmentManufacturing #時裝物料 #物料科技 #時裝採購 #成衣生產
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.