Professional Certificate in Innovative Furniture Design (Intake 9)
DE424502C / 90hrs
The programme provides an opportunity for students to understand the background of furniture design, to stimulate creativity, to acquire user-needs and advanced knowledge and skills in the production process. Students will also learn the global trends in furniture design.
Professional Certificate in Innovative Furniture Design is recognized under the Qualifications Framework (QF)
QF Level: 4
Lecturer: Eric Tong, Principal Designer of Eravolution
Graduated from The Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL. He worked for renowned architects Zaha Hadid and Future Systems before founding Eravolution in 2010. The studio makes "Design-Art", specialising in innovative furniture and products. Its debut collection won the Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Award in 2010 followed shortly by the One Good Chair International Design Competition Grand Prize in 2011. In 2014, he received the Perspective "A&D Trophy" Awards in Best Furniture and Best Green Product. In 2015, he was celebrated as one of the most influential designers of today and tomorrow with the Perspective "40 Under 40" Award. In 2016, he won the "Best Design Educator Award" in the Hong Kong Designer's Association's "Design NextGen Award 2016".
Intake 9 (2019-2020)
M1: PID4007Y – Introduction to Furniture Design (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Sep 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26
M2: PID4008Y – Creative Approach to Furniture Design (30hrs)
Date: 2019 Nov 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec 7, 14
M3: PID4009Y – Furniture Design Project (30hrs)
Date: 2020 Jan 4, 11, 18, Feb 8, 15, 22
Time: Sat, 2-7pm
|By PC||$19,300||$17,370||2019 Jul 22|
Remark: No Refund
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%
- Students can apply for the CEF to reimburse the tuition fee paid up to a max of $20,000 upon successful completion of the course.
CEF (Continuing Education Fund) Courses only those marked "Yes" in the table below are CEF Reimbursable Courses.
- Students can apply for ENLSloan to pay for the full course fee
- Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
- Completion of a QF Level 3 programme that is deemed acceptable to the respective Programme Board; or
- Relevant RPL qualification(s) at QF Level 3 or above AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written; or
- Other relevant verifiable prior learning and/or work experience that is/are deemed appropriate by respective Programme Board AND a pass in an entrance assessment, which can be either oral or written.
(b) Applicants are required to have at least 1 year relevant working experience.
(c) Basic knowledge of the subject area is preferred.
(d) An interview may also be required on need basis.
Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted. Where appropriate, the applicant may be required to pass an entrance assessment, which can be in an oral and/or written form.
#Furniture #HandMade #手造傢俬 #時尚傢俬 #傢私設計 #自己傢私自己造#CEF #產品設計 #Contemporary # FurnitureDesignCourse # FurnitureDesignCompetition #Innovative #創意
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.