Professional Diploma in Fashion Design and Technology (Sportswear and Bodywear)
DE424315D / 270hrs
An Interactive Learning Platform for industry practitioners to learn the most updated industry specific knowledges from the group of professionals from sportswear and bodywear.
WHY should you take this course?
• A Pilot Part-time Programme of Sportswear and Bodywear in Hong Kong
• Lecture by industry experts in specific areas, such as Design, Merchandising, Textile and Materials, Production skills and Management.
• An Interactive Platform for students to learn the professional knowledge directly from the industry experts thru lecture, workshop, group discussion, guest sharing, factory visit and Skype meeting.
• Most up-to-date knowledge and data from the industry beyond the books and web
• Opportunity in job placement from a strong industry network
WHO should take this course?
Suitable for those fashion merchandisers, quality control technicians, visual designers, technical designers, product designers and those who are interested to join sportswear and bodaywear design industry!
WHAT makes this course different?
• The only Professional Diploma at QF level 4 in Athleisure and Intimate
recognized by government and employers in Hong Kong
• Supported by ETSS (Engineering Training Subsidy Scheme), up to HK$45K
• Those who completed PC in Fashion Design and Illustration or have
equivalent academic qualification can skip M2 and M3 of PC(A).
• The PD graduates are eligible to apply top-up degree programmes from SHAPE
On completion of this programme, learners are expected to integrate fashion trend and sampling technology knowledge and skills in sportswear and bodywear design; create sportswear and bodywear collections presented in the form of design portfolio; and produce fashion sportswear and bodywear samples with technology support in the sample realization processes.
(QF Level: 4; QR Registration No.: 17/000834/L4; Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2017 - 31/08/2021)
Students will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Fashion Design and Technology (Sportswear and Bodywear) (270 hours) upon successful completion of the 2 Professional Certificate courses below:
1. PC in Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear Design (120 hours)
2. PC in Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear Design Construction and Technology (150 hours)
PC A: Professional Certificate in Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear Design (DE424316C/ 120hrs)
M1: FID4035Y - Market Trend and Material Development (30hrs)
Date: 2018 Apr 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28, May 2, 5, 9, 12
M2: FID4036Y - Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear Design and Illustration (30hrs)
Date: 2018 Jun 6, 9, 13,16, 20, 23, 27, 30, Jul 4, 7
M3: FID4037Y - CAD for Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear (30hrs)
Date: 2018 Aug 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, Sep 1
M4: FID4040Y - Design Portfolio for Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear (30hrs)
Date: 2018 Sep 26, 29, Oct 3, 6, 10, 13, 20, 24, 27, 31
Time:Wed (7-10pm) & Sat (2-5pm)
Venue: HKDI / Wanchai
PC B: Professional Certificate in Fashion Sportswear and Bodywear Construction and Technology (DE424317C/ 150hrs)
M1: FID4038Y - Fashion Sportswear Construction and Technology (75hrs)
Date: 2019 Jan 5, 12, 19, 26, Feb 16, 23, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Apr 6, 13
M2: FID4039Y - Fashion Bodywear Construction and Technology (75hrs)
Date: 2019 May 4, 11, 18, 25, Jun 1, 15, 22, 29, Jul 6, 13, 20, 27, Aug 3
Time: Sat (1-7pm)
|$41,430||2018 Mar 6||
- Full: $19,496
- Early Bird: $16,572
|By PC||PC (A)||$22,800||$19,380||2018 Mar 6||
- Full: $9,120
- Early Bird: $7,752
|PC (B)||$28,500||$24,225||2018 Oct 5||
- Full: $11,400
- Early Bird: $9,690
|PC (A)||each module||$5,700||-||-||-|
|PC (B)||each module||$14,250||-||-||-|
**The ETSS will be implemented as from September 2016 for three cohorts of students admitted starting from 2016/17 academic year. From now to Aug 2019, students can apply for ETSS for 2 courses.
To apply for ETSS for the whole PD (Intake 1), students can choose to
1) enroll in the PD at one time, or
2) enroll in each PC separately.
Applicants should apply within one month from the commencement of the first semester for the programme concerned. The course fee after ETSS reimbursement can be referred in the table above.
click to play
IAJ Continuous Education Initiative™
Hong Kong Design Centre (HKDC)
Design Council of Hong Kong (DCHK)
Hong Kong Institution of Textile and Apparel (HKITA)
Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association (HKFDA)
The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel (HKRITA)
Hong Kong Intimate Apparel Industries' Association (HKIAIA)
Fashion Farm Foundation (FFF)
Interfilière Hong Kong
Engineering Training Subsidiary Scheme (ETSS)
Students can apply for ETSS and successful applicants can be refunded 60% of the tuition fees paid of eligible programmes, subject to a maximum of $45,000 per person. Applicants may apply for fee refund for not more than two programmes under the scheme. The tuition fee will be reimbursed by instalments at the end of each term of the programme upon successful completion. Refunds will be granted on a first-come-first-served basis with no pre-set quota for individual programmes.
Applicants should apply within one month from the commencement of the first semester for the programme concerned. For more details and Online Application: https://cpe.vtc.edu.hk/etss/
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement: 70%
Upon successful completion of the 2 Professional Certificates,
students will be awarded with the Professional Diploma in Fashion Design and Technology (Sportswear and Bodywear).
1) Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
2) Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
3) Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years' relevant working experience, can be admitted.
#Sportswear #Bodywear #Lingerie #Activewear #Athleisure #FashionMaterial
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.