Professional Certificate in Infographic Design (intake 3)
DE424106C / 90hrs
The course aims at developing the ability to interpret information in ways which provide effective and creative visual communication solutions. It provides graphical training of interpreting complex information into a two dimensional image that can be understood quickly and clearly. Research on user behaviour, needs and perception is an essential part of the course.
Practitioners will also learn visual hierarchies on how to simplify complex data, statistics and information into easy to read graphic visual representations. They will learn about color techniques, typographic treatments and the relationship of word and image in order to enhance the meaning of the message.
Suitable for those who work in graphic design related industries, especially those who target to enhance their professional standards.
Professional Certificate in Infographic Design is reconised under the QF.
(QF Level 4, QR registration No. 15/000012/L4, Registration Validity Period: 19/01/2015 - 31/08/2021)
Lecturer: Monica Au
Monica has over 20 years’ experience in the branding practice. Prior to her present role as director of JCI, a branding hub consists of seasoned creative talents, she was the Managing Director of Landor Associates’ Hong Kong office overseeing the company’s operation and growth in south China, Taiwan and IndoChina. Her branding and design expertise had resulted in numerous successful projects for international brands such CitiBank, Danone, P&G, HSBC, Midea, China Union Pay, Tsingtao, Nestéa, and Philip Morris.
M1: CDM4016Y – Charts and Diagrams (30hrs)
- Apply appropriate taxonomy to analyse, organise and categories complex data with hierarchical clarity
- Interpret data graphically, systematically and creatively in an advanced level
- Communicate the value of a message with utilization of words and images
- Manipulate colour, space and form effectively to solve communication problems
Date: 2018 Feb 27, Mar 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, 29
M2: CDM4017Y– Instructional Graphic Design (30hrs)
- Utilise task flow analysis and narrative structure in establishing target user preference and requirements
- Integrate effective visualization methods to transform data into meaningful information
- Manipulate visual languages creatively to structure effective visual presentations
Date: 2018 Apr 12, 17, 19, 24, 26, May 3, 24, 29, 31, Jun 5
M3: CDM4021Y– Wayfinding Strategy & Signage Design (30hrs)
- Apply usability test to identify orientation problems target users faced
- Identify types of signage and their functions in an orientation system
- Plan and develop wayfinding design strategy for a public space
- Integrate the principles of wayfinding system into signage design solutions
Date: 2018 Jun 19, 21, 26, Jul 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
Field Trip on Jun 30 (Sat)
Time: Tue & Thu, 7-10pm
Venue: Wan Chai (VTC Tower or Morrison Hills IVE)
By PC: HK$16,200
HK$13,770 (Early Bird Discount)
Deadline of all discounts: 2017 Nov 17
By Single Module: HK$5,400
Teaching language: English
Minimum attendance requirement of each module: 70%
- Students can apply for the CEF reimbursement of 80% of the tuition fee paid (maximum $10,000) upon successful completion of the course.
CEF (Continuing Education Fund) Courses only those marked "Yes" in the table below are CEF Reimbursable Courses.
- Students can apply for ENLS loan to pay for the full course fee
1) Five HKDSE subjects at Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
2) Five HKCEE subjects at Grade E / Level 2 or above, including English and Chinese Languages, or equivalent; or
3) Mature applicants, i.e. those aged 21 or above with at least two years’ relevant working experience, can be admitted.
#Infographic #Design #Communication #Presentation #Signage #Wayfinding #Graphic #Words #Image #Solution #Application #
HKDI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule, course content and advertised course information.