Master of Arts in Design Management
Master of Arts in Design Management collaborated with Birmingham City University (BCU) isn’t simply about the management of design or designers, it provides the knowledge and skills to work with, and communicate effectively across design and business disciplines. This is a multi-disciplinary programme aimed at ambitious designers and non-designers working in the design industry, who want to accelerate their careers by gaining business and marketing insight.
Led by highly respected industry professionals in both Hong Kong and the UK, the curriculum has a distinctive professional focus and embraces business management, marketing, design strategy, entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability, design leadership and design practice including project management, intellectual property law and finance. Strong emphasis is placed on the development of evidence based decision-making, high level leadership and communication skills. Students can focus within their chosen area of specialisation and relate their study directly to the workplace if they wish to.
7 Strengths of the programme:
• First UK MA Design Management Programme in Hong Kong
• Convenient teaching sites : HKDI & Wan Chai Campus
• English Exemption for SHAPE's UK Degree Alumni
• Strong Business and Creative Industry Network
• UK Academic Experts and International Professional Teaching Team
• International and Regional Seminar Speakers on key topics
• Supported by Trade Organisations and Professional Associations
Flexible Dissertation Pathways:
According to your profession background and choice in 4 directions:
1. Professional Practice
2. Entrepreneurship and Innovation
3. Sustainable Design Policy
4. Service Design
The four dissertation pathways reflect the changing nature of the global design context and create opportunities to specialise.